With GroupWatch, you can virtually watch Disney Plus With Friends movies with close friends and family. GroupWatch will automatically sync your streams when you’re not together so that everyone in your group can watch simultaneously.
How to invite friends to a GroupWatch?
The host can invite other Disney+ users to the GroupWatch through their mobile device or web browser by following the steps below:
- Go to DisneyPlus.com or open the app for Disney+ on your phone.
- Find the book you want a GroupWatch set up for.
- To start a GroupWatch, click on the Details page and the GroupWatch icon.
- Select (+) Ask for an invitation link to the GroupWatch room.
- Copy the invitation’s URL or choose how you want to share it.
The host is the only one who can invite people to a GroupWatch, but anyone in the group can control how the video is watched by pausing, fast-forwarding, or rewinding. As the host, you can invite more people to join your GroupWatch stream by going back to the player list and clicking the Invite icon.
How to join GroupWatch?
If you’ve been invited to a GroupWatch, you can use the steps to accept it in either the Disney+ app or a web browser.
- Start the Disney+ mobile app or watch Disney+ With Friends to choose your profile.
- Look up the name of the GroupWatch that you want to join.
- Go to the page for the title.
- From the GroupWatch icon, choose Join Stream.
- Customers can switch to a connected TV to watch on a bigger screen after accepting the invitation by doing the following:
- Open Disney+ on the TV that’s connected.
- Pick the same account that was used to sign up.
- The app will send you a message to return to your GroupWatch.
- To get back in, select Join Stream.
How many people can Watch Disney Plus With Friends?
- There can be up to 7 people in the group, including the host.
- With a Disney Plus membership, up to four different profiles can stream and watch content simultaneously.
What can I do with My GroupWatch?
Watch Disney Plus With Friends is available on most platforms and devices, except the PS4 and a few Roku models.
As an alternative, Disney+ users with an iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV running iOS, iPad, or tvOS 15.1 or later can use SharePlay to stream entertainment together while on a FaceTime call.
How to use GroupWatch on a Smart TV to watch Disney Plus with friends?
- You can use the app on your phone or go to the website for Disney Plus.
- Search for the movie.
- Click or tap on the GroupWatch button.
- Send the link to your friends.
- See what they say about the invitation.
- The Disney Plus app on your Smart TV should start up.
- Find the title in GroupWatch that you made.
- Please give me the first page.
- You can use your remote to choose the GroupWatch icon.
- Get to where it says “Join Stream.”
Can I have a GroupWatch with people from different countries or regions?
GroupWatch can only be used by groups in the same country or region. Users invited to a GroupWatch will be told if they can’t join because of where they live or what the GroupWatch is about.
What do we do if we have problems with GroupWatch and need help?
If you’re having trouble with GroupWatch, please keep the following in mind:
- All people who want to join GroupWatch must already have Disney+.
- Child profiles don’t have access to GroupWatch.
- Users can’t join GroupWatches if there are already seven people in it or if more than four streams are coming from the same account.
- Access to the content may depend on the country or location.
- Users invited to a GroupWatch will be told if they can’t join because of country/region or content restrictions. GroupWatch is only for groups in the same country/region.