Are you unhappy with Vimeo’s OTT pricing? There is no requirement to use Vimeo for OTT company because there are several VOD/OTT options on the market. Vimeo is a well-known name in the OTT market, and it caters to business owners’ video streaming demands. The Vimeo OTT solution (VHX) has built a reputation for itself over the years and has been credited with heralding the emergence of OTT platforms.
You may sell video material without using a social media site like YouTube using the Vimeo VOD (Video on Demand) technology. Because of the increased freedom, viewers choose to access video content over an OTT platform. Since its introduction in 2004, the Vimeo VOD platform has remained the preferred choice of many OTT-business owners. Vimeo has recently begun to focus on the B2B market, offering dependable OTT solutions. Previous users have praised Vimeo VOD for assisting them in starting their OTT business.
Some key features of the Vimeo OTT / VOD platform are as follows:
- Robust Video Player: Vimeo offers a customizable video player with various features. You can add subtitles, dual audio, and many other features to the Vimeo video player. Due to the seamless viewing experience provided by Vimeo, business owners prefer to use it for their OTT business plan.
- Reliable CMS: CMS (Content Management System) of Vimeo lets you upload and modify your OTT content without any technical knowledge. Easy upload and modification of video content help business owners in connecting to their audience.
- Revenue Models: Vimeo offers multiple revenue models to OTT-business owners. You can choose between subscription, transactional, and pay-per-view revenue models with Vimeo.
- Live Streaming Solution: Besides publishing pre-recorded video content, you can live stream videos with the Vimeo OTT solution. Live streams are known to provide higher reach and viewer engagement.
- User Migration: The professionals of Vimeo will help you in migrating your OTT platform. You can contact Vimeo to terminate your OTT platform for any other provider and convert it as per Vimeo’s standards.
- Brand Creation: Vimeo is a white-label platform provider that implies one can build their OTT brand with Vimeo. With various customizable options, Vimeo lets you build an OTT brand from scratch. Various Vimeo OTT competitors provide a white-label OTT solution.
Top 7 Vimeo OTT Alternatives and Competitors in 2021:
1. CONTUS VPlayed
More than 100 streaming enterprises around the world have used CONTUS VPlayed’s OTT solutions. It is a white-label platform supplier that can assist you with specific OTT requirements.
Key Features of VPlayed:
- Highly Customizable: Whatever your OTT business requirements are, you can customize VPlayed according to it. VPlayed guarantees to provide 100% customization as per your OTT business needs.
- Self-hosting: You will have complete control of your content with CONTUS. You can host streaming services via your in-house servers with VPlayed.
- Cloud Transcoding: CONTUS allows you to host videos on-demand via their cloud servers. You can easily transcode your video content into multiple formats with VPlayed.
- Reliable CMS: VPlayed is considered to be a Vimeo on-demand alternative due to its reliable content management system.
- Monetization Models: CONTUS VPlayed will provide you with 6+ monetization models for your OTT streaming business.
- High-end Analytics: Analytical insights provided by VPlayed will help you in making better OTT-business strategies.
Dacast is a SaaS (Software as a Service) platform that can handle all of your OTT demands.
Key Features of Dacast:
- Bulk Uploading: Dacast lets you upload on-demand videos in bulk via its reliable CMS.
- Nonstop Live Streaming: Dacast is primarily a live streaming platform that broadcasts VOD content. With Dacast, you can live stream videos 24*7.
- Unlimited Viewers: Dacast help you in broadcasting an unlimited number of live channels simultaneously. There is no restriction on the number of viewers to your live videos when it comes to Dacast.
- Revenue Techniques: Dacast is one of the major Vimeo OTT competitors as it provides multiple monetization models.
3. IBM Video Cloud
Another platform supplier with silver, gold, platinum, and custom price models is IBM Video Cloud.
Key Features of IBM Video Cloud:
- High Compatibility: It is compatible with various devices irrespective of their screen size and bandwidth.
- User Engagement: You can introduce live chat, Q&A session, and other engagement techniques in the video player provided by IBM Video Cloud.
- Reliable CDNs: IBM Video Cloud will give you access to numerous CDNs (Content Delivery Networks) that will ensure a wide reach.
- QoS: QoS (Quality of Service) feature of IBM Video Cloud helps in adaptive bitrate streaming. QoS aids in switching between CDNs to provide the best viewing experience.
Kaltura’s online video platform is used by over a thousand organisations. If you’re not happy with Vimeo’s OTT pricing, Kaltura is a good option for video streaming.
Key Features of Kaltura:
- Multiple Use Cases: You can use the cloud TV platform of Kaltura for meetings, webinars, education, entertainment, and many other purposes.
- APIs and SDKs: Kaltura offers APIs and SDKs for streaming live videos or pre-recorded videos.
- Analytics & Security: High-end analytics provided by Kaltura will help you in knowing about your viewers. The enhanced security features of Kaltura make it a reliable on-demand streaming platform provider.
- Content Management: Kaltura offers a centralized CMS for publishing, modifying, and distributing video content. The reliable CMS of Kaltura will let you manage entitlements, transcoding profiles, and metadata easily.
5. JW Player
JW Player enables businesses to communicate with their audiences on any screen. JW Player is one of the Vimeo on-demand alternatives because of its wide range of applications.
Key Features of JW Player:
- High Compatibility: JW Player will provide a seamless playback on numerous devices. JW Player can help in broadcasting videos on websites, mobile applications, or smart TVs.
- Quality Ad Support: JW Player will provide you with industry-oriented ad support to maximize your revenue.
- Faster video Delivery: JW Player can help you in broadcasting on-demand videos quickly without any hassles. It can also provide on-demand videos at a smaller size than the original based on the viewing device.
- Viewer Engagement: JW Player will provide you with specialized engagement products like article matching and recommendations. Engagement products of JWPlayer show the most relatable content from your library on the front to increase viewer engagement.
Uscreen is one of Vimeo’s most prominent on-demand competitors. With Uscreen, you can create, launch, and manage a successful on-demand video business.
Key Features of Uscreen:
- Numerous Use Cases – Uscreen can be used for various sectors like eLearning, fitness, entertainment, and spirituality. Its diverse use cases cater to organizations involved in different sectors.
- Multiple Devices: With Uscreen, you can launch native OTT applications for mobile devices and smart TVs.
- Video Marketing: Uscreen can help you with forming a video marketing strategy for your brand/business. Digital marketing or social media marketing can be conducted easily with Uscreen.
- High-end Analytics: The analytical insights provided by Uscreen can help you in generating leads. You can convert customers by providing them with what they need based on analytical insights.
One of the most popular Vimeo live streaming options is Brightcove. Brightcove is used by a variety of businesses to communicate with their audiences, from entertainment to eCommerce.
Key Features of Brightcove:
- Seamless Viewing Experience: Brightcove will provide an uninterrupted viewing experience to your customers. By minimizing breakage instances, Brightcove provides an HD playback quality.
- Third-party Integration: Brightcove is highly compatible with third-party tools. It lets you integrate third-party marketing tools or content management systems for better results.
- Enhanced Ad Performance: With effective server-side ad insertion, Brightcove will help you in improving the ad delivery.
- Video Engagement: Brightcove will provide you with various interactivities like a countdown timer, companion ads, and others. It will help in increasing viewer engagement significantly.
VPlayed, Brightcove, and other platform providers were pitted against Vimeo on demand To design and launch an OTT platform from the ground up, you should hire a white-label platform provider. Before deciding on an OTT platform, it’s a good idea to examine pricing, specifications, and technology stacks. Now is the time to start your OTT business with a reputable provider!
Leave a Reply