Someone might send you messages or comments on Facebook that are annoying. If it makes you feel bad, you should block that account. You can do that on Facebook. But now, if you want to unblock that account but don’t know how, you can’t.
Or, you want to know how to stop blocking someone on Facebook because you did it by accident. Keep reading. Here are the steps.
When you block someone on Facebook, what happens?
When you block someone on Facebook, they won’t be able to see what you post on your Timeline, send you a friend request, message you, tag you, invite you to a group or event, or comment on your posts.
When you block someone, you also stop being friends with them. So, if you change your mind after unblocking someone on Facebook, you have to send them a friend request again.
How Do I Use the Browser to Unblock Someone on Facebook?
Facebook has a lot of features that might make it hard for you to figure out how to set something up. Unblocking only takes a few steps, but you may waste time trying to find the unblock button. Here are the steps to take:
- Step 1: Go to Facebook and sign in.
- Step 2: Click the down arrow in the upper right corner.
- Step 3: Click Settings and Privacy.
- Step 4: Choose Settings
- Step 5: On the left tab, click “Privacy.”
- Step 6: Click “Blocking” after that.
- Step 7: Now, on the right tab, click “Block Users.”
After you unblock a user, you have to wait 48 hours before you can block them again.
How Do I Use The App To Unblock Someone On Facebook?
You can also use a Facebook app on your phone to unblock someone. How to do it:
- Step 1: If you haven’t already, open the Facebook app on your phone and log in.
- Step 2: Tap the hamburger icon (menu) in the upper right corner of the screen on an Android device or in the bottom right corner on an iPhone.
- Step 3: Scroll down until you see the option for “Settings & Privacy,” then tap on it.
- Step 4: Tap Settings
- Step 5: Scroll down and tap “Blocking” under “Audience and visibility.”
- Step 6: Find the name of the person you want to let in. Then, tap the button next to their name that says UNBLOCK.
- Step 7: You’ll see a pop-up message. Tap UNBLOCK.