Steps to Hide Windows Drive
- If you’re using Windows 8, go to Start and search for Run, or just hold down the Windows key and hit “R.”
- When the Run box appears, type ” cmd ” and hit Enter.
- In the Command Prompt window, type “Dskраrt” and press Enter.
Note: In Windows 8, I was prompted to confirm whether or not I wanted to enable this programme to make changes to my computer. Simply select yes, and a new window will appear shortly.
- Now type ” lst vоlumе ” and press Enter to view a list of all drives and their details.
- Now I have some private information on my drive E that I don’t want anybody else to see, so I’ll write ” Select volume 3 ” and hit Enter to hide volume E.
Іf уоu wіsh tо hide vоlumе D, Then you will type ” Select vоlumе D ” аnd hіt Еntеr.
- To hide the drive you have to type “ Remove letter E ” and hit enter. You have done successfull.
Steps to Unhide Windows Drive
Let me assure you that it is also simple. To hide or unhide a Windows drive, simply follow the procedures below.
- Scroll Back up and perform steps 1,2,3,4 and 5 again.
- ok Now you have completed the 5 steps listed above. Just make sure you have completed till
” Select volume 3”
- Earlier in the article to Hide the drive we typed ” Remove letter E ”, Now to unhide it we will
Type ” Assign letter E ” and hit Enter.
Check if you have successfully hide or unhide windows drive and got the drive back. Now Just Restart your Computer if you wish to