PowerToys may be familiar to Windows users. If not, PowerToys is a collection of freeware system utilities aimed towards power users. You can utilize those small programs to boost productivity or provide more customization options to your operating system. Microsoft’s PowerToys received an update a few days ago that added two new extensions to the program. The mouse utilities will be discussed in this post, which assists users with vision impairments in locating their cursor.
In PowerToys, what is the Mouse Utilities App?
You could see a new option called Mouse Utilities if you’re running the latest version of Microsoft PowerToys. It’s essentially a feature that improves the mouse and pointer capabilities in Windows 11.
It’s a plug-in that adds a set of features to the Windows operating system’s overall mouse and pointer capability. Two features are included in the program:
- Where Can I Find My Mouse?
- Highlighter for the mouse
Mouse Utilities in Windows 11: How to Enable and Use Them
So, if you want to try out the new PowerToy’s Addon, you’ve come to the perfect place. We’ve included a step-by-step guide to help you enable and use the new Mouse Utilities in Windows 11. Let’s have a look.
- First and foremost, download and install PowerToys on your Windows 11 computer.
- The PowerToys shortcut will be added to the system tray after installation. After that, go to the System tray and select the PowerToys app.
- Select the Mouse utility area from the PowerToys Settings, as shown below.
- On the right, you’ll see two options: Find My Mouse and Mouse Highlighter. Find My Mouse: This tool assists you in locating your mouse pointer on a computer screen. To locate your mouse pointer, double-click the left CTRL-key.
When you double-click the left CTRL key, a spotlight will appear above your cursor’s location
Mouse Highlighter: When you click the left or right mouse button, a visual signal appears. This feature may be useful for people with vision problems because it shows what and where you click.
You must activate the mouse highlighter by hitting the Windows Key + Shift + H keys on your computer.
How to Customize Mouse Utilities’ Appearance and Behavior
You can even alter the appearance and behavior of Mouse functions with PowerToys for Windows 11.
Expand the Appearance & behavior section of each Mouse utilities feature to personalize the Mouse utilities.
You may now change the opacity of the overlay, the backdrop color, the highlight color, the radius, and a few other things.
Mouse utilities are a fantastic addition to Microsoft’s PowerToys program. The function intends to assist those with vision difficulties in locating their cursor. I hope you found this material useful! Please pass it on to your friends as well. If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments section below.