This article will discuss the best and most useful Free Tools For Image Compression. Do you want to make your website more attractive by adding photos? But you were worried that beautiful pictures might slow down the time it takes for your page to load. Free tools can help you solve it, so don’t worry.
In this article, I’ll give you some free tools to help you improve the photos on your website. You heard right: there are free tools for making pictures look their best.
- Could things go any better?
- The list of things
- Problems that come up because of good photos
- What is image optimization?
- Problems that come up because of good photos
Images are the lifeblood of a web article because they make the text more exciting and easy to understand. Visuals especially appealing to the eye can get people to finish reading a text by appealing to their sense of sight.
The images on your website should catch people’s attention as soon as they land on the page, and they should slowly scroll down to read the information you want to share before the page ends with a call to action.
The beautiful thumbnails do have a bit of a downside, though. Because sites take longer to load, users only get annoyed when they first get to the page. Worse, some of their patients might use too much space on the page and cause it to bounce. “Most people who use the internet will just leave a site if it takes more than an average of 8 seconds to load,” says a study.
Also, it can be hard to get people to visit a store’s website. Before putting the store’s online content on display, you have already put in a lot of time and effort to prepare great content, improve SEO, and run ads. Why would you let the graphics slow down the speed at which your clients can get to the content? How can buyers pay attention to your content or product if it takes so long to load? As we fall apart, we realize how dangerous this is:
- Off, it could make people leave a store’s website more quickly.
- A longer loading time makes people angry and makes shopping less fun.
- There were fewer visitors and a drop in the search engine rankings.
Image optimization – what is it?
Before you put an image on your website, you can make it smaller with a tool called “image compress.” If the picture is smaller, it won’t slow down the time it takes for your website to load.
These tools make it easy to add exciting thumbnails to the content and make the site look great. It can be a great way to catch people’s attention with your business name, show a bit of your personality, and explain what you sell.
Top 12 Free Tools For Image Compression
This article tells you about free tools for compressing images. Here are the details:
Professional image compression tools like Adobe Photoshop, which cost a lot of money, are unnecessary. Website owners can save money on compressing photos for their sites by using a free online app that works just as well as a paid service. I want to show you the top ten tools for compressing images. Here they are:
1. Mageplaza Image Optimizer
- The largest file size is 5 MB.
- The file types PNG, JPG, GIF, TIF, and BMP
- Lossy and lossless: The ability to compress
- Image Optimizer for Mageplaza
The Mageplaza Image Optimizer for Magento 2 store is one of the best image optimization tools for a Magento 2 store website. Formats like PNG, JPG, GIF, TIF, and BMP, which most people use, are supported. It also gives you two options for compression: lossy and lossless. With these two options, you can reduce the file size without losing the quality of the image. Check out the alternatives to Photoshop as well.
With the help of cron, scans and optimizations will be started automatically, saving store administrators a lot of time. Not only that, but it also has a backup feature that lets you change photos without getting rid of the originals.
- You can upload up to 20 photos, each of which can be up to 5MB. If you reload the page, you can upload better! The file types JPG, PNG, and JPEG
- Optimizer for images in TinyPNG
- Don’t let the cuteness of this panda fool you! This is another free tool for reducing the size of images.
TinyPNG is one of the oldest and best-known free JPEG and PNG compressors. It’s also a handy tool for reducing the size of photos for an app or a retail website. Tiny PNG works best when it can keep more than 70% of the size of the image.
Also, you can send up to 20 photos simultaneously per upload, and each photo can be no bigger than 5MB. Each month, you can also compress 100 pictures. It even has a helpful, free extension that only works with the Magento platform for compressing images.
3. JPEG Optimizer
- The largest file size is one image.
- JPEG is a file format.
For this one, it’s clear that the default look of this page is much less attractive and professional than the first tool’s. The tools used to resize and compress JPEG files to serve customers are clear from the name. JPEG Optimizer is a simple tool for reducing the size of photos, but it doesn’t guarantee that the photos will keep their original quality.
4. Resize Photos
- One image at a time, maximum file size
- JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, and PSD are the types of files.
- Resize-photos Image Optimizer
This is another free tool for reducing the size of images. Resize photographs lets you compress and edit images by adding borders, reflections, shadows, captions, photo effects, and rounded corners to give them some style. Check out how to convert the images to png iPhone as well.
- JPEG, PNG, GIF, and PDF are the file types.
- CompressNow Image Optimizer is used.
CompressNow has a slider that lets the user choose the image compression level, and a section below the slider shows how the image looks at different compression levels.
- No more than 20 pictures
- The JPG, PNG, and GIF types of files
- Using Kraken Image Optimizer
On the Kraken, which is very similar to Compress.io, you can choose between lossless and lossy compression. Another benefit of this free service is that users can quickly access and use the cloud storage by signing up for an account.
Kraken also lets you import files from Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive or send files from Dropbox to Dropbox. It can save time by letting you upload up to 20 pictures at once and reducing the size of each picture to 32MB.
The main problem with this is that files bigger than 1MB can only be compressed to a certain level. The user has to pay for the pro package. If you work in an industry where you often need to compress large photo files, you might want to buy the $5/month package with extra features that can store your file in the Kraken cloud for later use.
- File size limit: 100MB (15-day-trial)
- JPEG, PNG, GIF, and PDF files can be compressed.
- ImageRecycle is an image editor.
Drag-and-drop is used to compress files in a few easy steps. ImageRecycle has different features than other tools. It gives users free sub-accounts, an API, one month of media backup and restoration, clean metadata to make things easier, and a report to check how well your sites are doing. This is another free tool for reducing the size of images. Check out iPhone live photos as well.
Users can try it for free for 15 days, and it costs $10 for 1GB, $20 for 3GB, and $50 for 10GB.
- JPEG and PNG can both be compressed.
- Image optimizer for cutting out parts
This is another free tool for reducing the size of images. If you use Linux or Unix, you should try Trimage because it works well with both operating systems. Trimage is meant to remove EXIF and metadata from images so that the file can be as small as possible.
You can still use the utility we discussed even if you don’t use Linux.
9. Online Image Optimizer
- The largest file size is 2.86 GB.
- The GIF, JPG, and PNG types of files
- Image Optimizer, made by dynamicdrive
Dynamicdrive gives you two ways to quickly export photos: from an image or a URL. In the tool’s last field, you can also change the file type of your photo to one of several other types.
- File size limit: 5 MB
- JPEG and PNG can be compressed.
- Image Optimizer
Depending on the type of image you want to compress, the app allows you to do so on certain pages. GiftOfSpeed helps resize images correctly to make websites run faster, but JPEG compressors can reduce the size by a lot at the cost of quality. The only bad thing is that they only offer a small number of file types. This is another free tool for reducing the size of images.
- A file can only have up to 20 pictures.
- File types JPEG and PNG
- Optimizilla’s Image Optimizer
The best thing about Optimizilla is that it can reduce the size of images to the smallest size you can set. It also had a preview, so users could check for changes.
- The largest file size is 10 MB.
- Compression aptitude:
- Lossy formats are JPEG, SVG, PNG, and GIF.
- JPEG and PNG are lossless.
- Compressor.io Image Optimizer
- Compressor.io can shrink the image and get rid of up to 90% of the original size.
Accessible files include compressed files that don’t change the quality (lossless) or slightly change the quality (lossy) but still shrink the file size by about 90%.
The process is easy; you must drag and drop the image you want into the middle of the page and wait for it to be compressed. The only bad thing is that you must upload each image separately for the compression to work.
Because these tools are helpful, you can use photos on your website to ensure they look their best. Each of the ten tools listed above has good points and bad points. Users need to consider which features to use and how to compress photos.
- Mageplaza Image Optimizer is a solution made just for Magento 2 that helps retailers optimize and compress photos.
- If you need a powerful tool to optimize several photos at once, think about CompressNow, Kraken, Optimizilla, or ImageRecycle.
- Compress and resize photos to make it easy to add effects to images.
- It would help if you used JPEG Optimizer, Gift Of Speed, or Compressor.io for fast compression.
- For the best results, people who use Linux or Unix should use Trimage.
- Online Image Optimizer can reduce the size of your photos and change their file type.