Utilize Chrome Remote Desktop to obtain remote assistance for your computer or to provide remote assistance to another user. It enables remote access to computers, and once linked to a host system, you can watch the screen, share files, and so on.
Have you ever needed remote access to your computer? While we all carry smartphones that enable us to manage our job, there are occasions when we need to access our PCs or laptops to complete specific chores or work. There may be more motives, such as assisting friends with technical issues or gaining access to a file. How about those instances? How will you gain remote access to the computer? There are various applications that can assist you in gaining access to remote computers. However, Chrome Remote Desktop is one of the most widely used applications for simply connecting to other computers. This tutorial will demonstrate how to remotely access your computer with Chrome Remote Desktop.
Is it safe?
Giving another individual remote access to your computer may sound unsafe. However, it is completely risk-free provided you use verified third-party programs. Chrome Remote Desktop is a highly secure tool that requires you to provide a PIN in order to connect to or access another machine. If this code is not used within a few minutes, it will expire. Additionally, once the code has been used, it will expire when the current remote session expires. Now that we’ve established that the Chrome remote desktop connection is safe and secure, let’s move on to the next section of this tutorial.
Utilize Chrome Remote Desktop to Remotely Access Your Computer
Before you can utilize Chrome Remote Desktop, both machines must be correctly configured. The good news is that this is a one-time configuration and that you can immediately begin utilizing Chrome Remote Desktop without needing to configure it.
1st step: On both computers, install Chrome Remote Desktop.
- In Chrome, open the address bar and type remotedesktop.google.com/access.
- Next, click the Download button at the bottom of the Set up remote access section.
- This will open the Chrome Remote Desktop extension window; click “Add to Chrome” to add the extension to Chrome. Note: You may be prompted to check in to your Google Account; if you do not already have one, you will need to establish one.
- A dialogue window will pop up asking for confirmation to Add Chrome Remote Desktop. To confirm, click the Add extension button.
On your PC, the Chrome Remote Desktop Extension will be installed
Step two: On both computers, install Chrome Remote Desktop.
- After installing the Extension, navigate to Remote Access.
- Under Set up remote access, click “Turn On.”
- Under Remote Access, input the name of the computer that you want to use.
- Now you must create a six-digit PIN that will be required to remotely connect to this machine. Enter your new PIN, then confirm with re-entry, and then click the START button.
- Next, you must grant Chrome Remote Desktop permission. Once completed, you will notice that the remote access for your device is created with the supplied name.
You must repeat steps 1 and 2 on both computers. Proceed to the following step once the Extension has been installed and the setup has been completed on both machines.
Step 3: Access to another computer via a shared computer (host)
If you want someone to remotely manage your computer for the purpose of providing technical assistance or for any other reason, you must execute the instructions below on the host computer (for which you want to give access).
- Navigate to the Remote Support tab and click the button GENERATE CODE. Under “Receive Assistance”.
- You will see a 12-digit code that is unique to you. Make a note of the 12-digit code above and store it safely, since you may need it later.
- Distribute the above code to the individual you wish to grant remote access to your computer.
Note: The 12-digit number created above is valid for only 5 minutes before expiring and a new code is issued.
Step 4: Remotely Access the Host Computer
To remotely access the host computer, follow the instructions below:
- On the other computer, open Chrome and type remotedesktop.google.com/support into the address bar.
- Navigate to the Remote Support tab, then click on “Give Support.” Enter the “Access code” you obtained in the preceding step and click Connect.
- Once the distant machine grants access, you may use the Chrome Remote Desktop plugin to remotely access the computer. On the host computer, the user will see a popup box with your email address; they must select Share to authorize the remote connection and grant you access to their machine.
- Once the connection is established, you can use your PC to access the host computer’s desktop.
- on the right-hand side of the Chrome window, there is a blue arrow; click on it. It will display session parameters, such as screen size and clipboard synchronization.
- To terminate the remote connection, click Disconnect at the top of the Chrome window. Additionally, you can disconnect the connection using the session options listed above.
- Alternatively, the remote computer can disconnect from the connection by selecting the Stop Sharing option.
Hopefully, the techniques outlined above will assist you in remotely accessing your computer via Remote Desktop. However, if you have any further questions about this guide, feel free to post them in the comment area.
Leave a Reply