Currently, most people have a digital ID that lets them use various online services. But while it’s easy to set up personal accounts on different sites, most people use the same password for different channels or services.
During online activities, you can use antivirus and security software like Norton 360 to keep your firewall secure and keep track of your passwords. But it’s better to make unique, long passwords with more than one character for each account to prevent theft and make the passwords stronger.
With the best password generators, making a new password is fast and easy. Here are the ten best programs like this that you can get right now.
Best Password Generators to Use in 2022
A good password manager and generator program will automatically make tested and correct long-form passwords for users. Some password generators make passwords at random, while others make passwords with words that are easy to remember. Here are the best choices for you to try.
Norton’s Password Manager version is one of the best password generators that you can buy. You can create long, random passwords with this extension or the online password generator. The app also has strong auto-generation features and makes sure that passwords are encrypted correctly.
Platform Compatibility: iOS, Android, web-based.
- In one encrypted Norton online vault, you can keep track of passwords for many different sites, accounts, and services.
- It doesn’t make passwords based on words from a dictionary.
- Users can choose to make and store passwords on their own or get passwords that are picked at random.
- To protect your privacy, you can use 2FA.
- The maximum number of characters for an extension is 64.
- You can add numbers, letters, letters with different cases, and punctuation.
- It only takes one click to copy the passwords that are made.
- This has a longer version that only works on devices that are compatible.
- Users need to register for a Norton account to use this.
Avast has one of the best online password generators that users can use to make passwords that are interesting and unique. You can also choose how long the password is by moving the marker between the minimum and maximum lengths.
You have to download the BreachGuard software version if you want to get extra benefits from good password management.
Platform Compatibility: Windows, Mac, web-based.
Price: Avast BreachGuard- USD 42.99 per year.
- Avast used mathematical entropy to make passwords with a lot of random characters.
- The password manager lets you save the passwords you make for different sites and accounts.
- You can directly set character settings to be uppercase, lowercase, special, or based on numbers.
- Slide to increase or decrease the length of a password up to 50 characters.
- The software also can’t get to or see the password it makes.
- With the reload feature, you can make new passwords over and over again.
- Find out how strong new passwords are.
- To use Avast BreachGuard’s more advanced features, like managing passwords, you have to pay for a subscription.
- After signing up for BreachGuard, you can find and stop passwords that have been stolen.
LastPass lets users use one platform or app to find and store all of their passwords and notes in a safe way. Also, you can use it on an unlimited number of devices and operating systems, and if you need to, you can quickly share them with other users.
Without the user’s permission, the software does not save or share the passwords it creates. It also guarantees strong data security and good customer service.
Platform Compatibility: Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, Linux
Price: Free, Business- USD 6 per user/month, Teams- USD 4 per user/month, Families- USD 4 per month, Premium- USD 3 per month
- You can easily get into LastPass Vault with LastPass Authenticator.
- The password is kept safe while allowing for instant login.
- It keeps track of what users do on the dark web and protects data with strong passwords.
- Keep all digital records, such as customer information, WiFi passwords, and so on, in the vault.
- No master password is needed.
- Useful for both business teams and people who use it regularly at home.
- People can share and trade with each other.
- Under the free plan, you can’t use things like monitoring the dark web.
- When users sign up for this app, they get access to 1 GB of cloud storage.
DashLane is also a great password generator that works quickly and automatically. You can change the size of the password and the kinds of characters that go into the phrase or terms. When making a strong password, you should avoid using common words or phrases because they are easier to crack.
DashLane takes care of this by giving users an unlimited number of password options that they can copy and paste right into their accounts.
Platform Compatibility: Windows, Mac, iOS, Android
Price: Free, Premium- USD 3.99 per month, Family- USD 5.99 per month.
- You can let certain users know your passwords.
- Forms for money and information save everything you add so that it will be filled in automatically next time.
- Protect up to an unlimited number of passwords in a safe way.
- Check to see if the passwords you make are still safe.
- No matter what plan you have, you will get customized security alerts.
- Use the generator to make strong, unique passwords.
- Check the strength and health of each password that is made.
- The Secure Notes feature, which keeps all passwords in a safe place, does not come for free.
- Users who don’t pay can only use the software on one device.
People can use this online tool to quickly make strong passwords for multiple accounts across the Internet. You have a lot of control over the number of characters and whether or not the password will have special characters, lowercase letters, or other rules.
Users can make it easier to make new passwords by telling the software to do it automatically.
Platform Compatibility: web-based.
- Choose the auto-select option if you want your password to be made and chosen automatically.
- You can choose whether to use lowercase or uppercase letters.
- If you need to, you can set passwords with up to 2048 characters.
- Get the advanced settings mode to add more filters for personalization.
- You can make the password longer by adding symbols and numbers.
- It is easy to add characters that don’t make sense.
- It is possible to save the passwords for later use.
- There is no app or built-in software for this generator.
- There is no application version.
This is one of the best password generators people can use to make random passwords for all of their online accounts. You can also limit the number of characters in a password to anything from a single digit to about 255.
Later, you can make the password even stronger by adding letters, numbers, symbols, or punctuation.
Platform Compatibility: web-based.
- You can check the box next to settings for numbers, small letters, capital letters, symbols, and punctuation.
- Choose a length between 4 and 255 characters.
- Use the online generator to make the password or file right away.
- Choose whether or not to keep the saved settings.
- The software can come up with up to 255 different kinds of passwords.
- The generator keeps track of information like where the user is, but it doesn’t save that information.
- It can make complicated passwords with symbols or 6-digit PIN codes.
- Not a lot of advanced features, like encryption protection, in a password manager.
- It helps developers more than end-users.
1Password is another high-level app that users can try to make different kinds of passwords for online sites without much trouble. The application works on different browsers and operating systems and has both basic and advanced functions that are of high quality.
With this one app, it’s easy to make and keep track of all your passwords and set up many secure profiles.
Platform Compatibility: Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, Chrome OS, Linux
Price: Individual plan- USD 2.99 per month, Families plan- USD 5.99.
- Get 1 GB of space for storing documents and an unlimited number of password choices.
- View a year’s worth of history to recover a lost or forgotten password.
- Share safely with different users.
- The app has a strong travel mode that lets you use it even when you’re on the road.
- The software lets you manage accounts on multiple devices and browsers.
- Here, you can get a free demo version.
- Email customer service is available and is of high quality.
- After the first 14 days, the free trial period is over and cannot be used again.
- If you have the individual plan, you can’t get back the locked-out profiles.
NordPass is one of the best password generators on the market today. It has features for making strong passwords, keeping them safe, and keeping track of them. You can make a lot of strong, different passwords by using different uppercase, lowercase, and number case.
You can move the slider to change the length of the password, and you can reload the page more than once to create different options.
Platform Compatibility: Windows, iOS, Android, Mac, Linux
Price: Free, Premium- USD 1.14 per month, Family- USD 4.85 per month.
- Use Data Breach Scanner to check how safe a password is every so often.
- If you can’t get to your account, you can give emergency access information to other people.
- Use slider filters to make passwords that are random and hard to guess.
- After switching devices, import all of your old passwords.
- Change the broken passwords easily to stop hackers from trying to get in.
- Several passwords for different sites, accounts, emails, etc., can be managed in one place.
- Strong encryption keeps passwords safe.
- If you want to use the trusted contacts settings for more than 30 days, you must upgrade your plan.
- Only the family plan lets you set up more than one profile (in this case, 6) under one plan.
WebFX has a lot of tools for people who use the Internet, and one of the best is the tool for making secure passwords. For example, you can set the length of your password based on whether you want it to have mostly numbers or mostly letters.
Depending on your settings, this software makes a random password that is either long or short.
Platform Compatibility: web-based.
- You can choose a password length between 24 digits and letters.
- You can change more than one password as many times as you want.
- You can choose whether the password starts with a number or not.
- You can change the lengths and types of characters in your passwords.
- You can make the password something easy to remember.
- Users can add as few as one character or as many as 24.
- You can just click on the button that says “Copy to Clipboard.”
- Not just for making passwords; there are other tools for that.
- You don’t get a warning about how unique shorter passwords are.
Random Password Generator is a simple online tool that lets people make new passwords quickly. You can set the number of characters you want to use in a password and keep reloading until you find a strong password that works.
The software shows if a password is strong and can be used. Then, just copy it to use.
Platform Compatibility: web-based.
- You can make up to 100 passwords at once.
- It doesn’t save passwords to keep your privacy safe.
- Passwords can be anywhere from 6 to 24 characters long.
- The information can only be used by direct users.
- It is an online tool that is easy to use.
- For each form generation, SSL-based security is available.
- Users get a set of letters and numbers that is very hard to predict.
- There are rules to follow, like not putting characters like an “l” and a “1” in the same password.
- It can take a while to come up with a password.
We tried out all of these password generators to see how well they worked and what features they had. Each one does what it’s supposed to do well and makes strong, unique passwords for different sites and platforms.
From the ones we tried, we recommend Norton Password Manager and LastPass because they are easy to use, get the job done quickly, and have long, unique passwords. Also, any online browser or device can use the Secure Password Generator.
Try them out and tell us what you think about them.