The best free data recovery software is available nowadays that helps you to recover your accidentally deleted data. Sometimes a user may delete some of the files which are needed in the future. The data recovery applications can help you reclaim or “undelete” documents on your personal computer.
Deleted data are not permanently deleted from your hard drives and can be retrieved with some best data recovery software. Even the files which you thought were deleted forever were recovered with these free software data restoration devices. Your data may contain records, photos, music/audio, etc.
Best Free Data Recovery Software for windows in 2021
We will discuss the best free data recovery software in this article and look at the list below.
Recuva is the most popular data recovery software that allows you to obtain your deleted data. It is free for the users and is very convenient includes hundreds of unique features. This tool can reacquire data from hard disk drives, external drives (USB drives, etc.), BD/DVD/CDs, and flash memory cards. It also allows you to undelete files from your iPod. Undeleting a file is as similar as removing one! It is highly recommended because it is the best free data recovery software that can recover your lost data.
Recuva will undelete files in Windows 10, Windows 8 & 8.1, 7, View, XP, Web server 2008/2003, and older Windows variations like 2000, NT, ME, and 98. 64-bit Windows versions are likewise maintained. Moreover, there is a 64-bit version of Recuva offered. Piriform provides both an installable as well as a mobile version of Recuva. We checked file recovery with Recuva v1.53.1087 using their mobile version on Windows 8.1.
Disk Drill can also look into documents before recovering them. It can also pause scans that allow you to resume them later, carry out dividing recuperation. It creates a backup of the whole drive, filter data by date or size, run a fast check versus a complete scan for more immediate results. This best free data recovery software also preserves check results so you can intelligently import them once more to recuperation deleted records later on.
It is an excellent and costless data recuperation tool because it has better features than its straightforward interface. Following their website, Disk Drill can recover information (as much as 500 MB) from “virtually any storage device,” such as interior and also external disk drives, USB devices, flash memory cards, as well as iPods. This best free data recovery software deals with Windows 7 and even more recent, and macOS 10.8.5 and newer.
Features of DiskDrill
- Displays scanned data in All files, Pictures, Videos, Documents, Archives alternatives.
- Supports filtering of scanned data by lists and date.
- Adds search bar.
- Deep scan mode is also included.
- Maintains original folder names.
- Restart is a must after installation.
- Scan time longer than usual.
Puran file recovery is also the best free data recovery software that works in 3 main recovery modes. Utilizing the “Find lost files” option converts Puran File Recovery into an instrument to retrieve all data from a lost or damaged drive. Another option is to edit the custom scan list, which saves file signatures for further detailed recovery of severely damaged files.
It provides many features. Some of them are given below.
- It includes the option of Default Quick Scan (Only addresses the FAT or NTFS file system for erased files from the recycle bin etc.)
- Deep Scan is also available, which includes scanning all open free space.
- Full Scan (controls all place on the device for the most useful possibility of recovery)
Puran Documents Recovery cooperates with Windows 10, 8, 7, View, and also XP. Furthermore, it’s available in a mobile type for both 32-bit and 64-bit variations of Windows so that it may not need installment.
PC Inspector File Recovery operates efficiently with FAT and NTFS drives even if the boot sector is destroyed or removed. The interface is a little bit vague. One must be fully aware of this tool. It must be essential to note that one must need an expert if the hard drive is mechanically damaged.
PC Inspector Features:
- A simple search dialog can find files by name.
- Recovered files can be saved to a confined hard drive or network drives.
- It can recover pictures and video of different types of data in various formats such as ARJ, AVI, BMP, DOC, DXF, XLS, EXE, GIF, HLP, HTML, JPG, LZH, MID, MOV, MP3, PDF, PNG, RTF, TAR, TIF, WAV and ZIP.
- Can scan just particular sectors of the disc with the Cluster scanner
PC Inspector file recovery software can work on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older Windows versions. Hence it is ranked as the best free data recovery software.
Recuva, pandora, or other programs may help you to recover a few files. In case you lost the whole partition, you may require MiniTool Power Data Recovery. It is specialized in recovering the complete section.
Features of MiniTool recovery tool:
- A simple wizard-based interface
- Trained in data recovery on a whole partition
- AimMiniTool Partition Recovery machine at the problematic drive and it will browse for the lost partition.
- It can’t practice file retrieval on a bootable record.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery software is the best free data recovery software that can operate on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and even older Windows versions.
Do Your Data recovery tool is an expert solution for all victims of some records loss or the other. The software allows you to pick two alternatives in the primary scanning method: Quick Recovery and Advanced Recovery. One can preview the files and finally reclaim their lost data after the Scan. Just like other software, first, you are recommended to utilize the Quick Recovery method. It is free and is regarded as the best data recovery software.
The main characteristics of this best free data recovery software are:
- Data preview before restoration
- Ordering based on file types, time, and location.
- Transporting scan result database for later usage.
- Very smooth to use
One can use Do Your Data on Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and macOS.
It is undoubtedly one of the best free data recovery software out there; PhotoRec is internationally praised for its robust file restoration over an extensive type of device varying from digital cameras to hard disks.It’s specially created to revive data like images, videos, documents, etc., from hard disks, and CD-ROMs.
Features of PhotoRec recovery tool:
- Arrives packed with the capability to gain more than 440 various file formats.
- Innovations such as the ‘unformat function’ and the capacity to add your custom file samples do come in handy.
- This photo recovery software holds lots of file arrangements, including FAT, NTFS, exFAT, ext2/ext3/ext4, and HFS+.
- Although I wouldn’t recommend this free data recovery software to newcomers, it is entirely devoid of a GUI and uses a command-line interface that may frighten some users.
PhotoRec recovery program works on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, & older versions of Windows, Linux, BSD, DOS, macOS.
Pandora recovery offers a variety of features to its users. It is also the best free data recovery software allowing its user to undelete their data. You can recover your lost data easily. It is efficient and very simple to use.
Specialties of Pandora Recovery Best Recovery:
- Facility to recoup deleted files from NTFS and FAT-formatted files.
- Preview deleted files of several kinds (picture and document files) without performing recovery
- With surface scan and the ability to redeem archived, secured, encrypted and compressed files, it provides a lot of ease.
Nonetheless, its file detection system is not much safe and needs to be refined more. This unique data recovery software can be transportable as well so that it doesn’t use any place on the hard disk and thereby not consume space that a file which we wish to recover once finished. Pandora data recovery can operate on Windows 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older Windows versions.
We made a list of the best free best data recovery software which are doing the job for the users in 2021. Based on the features and your requirements, you can download these to get your lost data. All of these have unique characteristics and can easily be downloaded through the internet.